POWER RANKINGS: Japan
Throughout the season, POPULAR OPEN WHEEL will rank the top-10 drivers in Formula 1 following each event.
2017 Constructor’s Championship After Japan
- Mercedes (NC)
- Ferrari (NC)
- Red Bull (NC)
- Force India (NC)
- Williams (NC)
- Toro Rosso (NC)
- Renault (NC)
- Haas (NC)
- McLaren (NC)
- Sauber (NC)
The Rankings reflect no movement in Ranks from the last race.
Driver Rankings After Japan
- Lewis Hamilton lengthens his lead over Sebastian Vettel. He’s now 59 points ahead.
- Sebastian Vettel is fading. Valtteri Bottas is now only 13 points behind Vettel.
- Valtteri Bottas remains third, and we think he think he has a decent chance for second.
- Daniel Ricciardo is still fourth and 42 markers ahead fifth place Kimi Raikkonen.
- Kimi Raikkonen stays in fifth-place and we predict he will finish there.
- Max Verstappen now has sole possession of sixth.
- Sergio Perez leads his teammate Ocon by 17 points.
- Esteban Ocon is still in 8th.
- Carlos Sainz remains ninth.
- Nico Hulkenburg and Felipe Massa are tied for tenth. Massa’s teammate Lance Stroll is only two points behind them. Will we end up with a three way tie?
Our rankings resume in two weeks, after Austin.
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularOpenWheel.com, its owners, management, or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.