POWER RANKINGS: Abu Dhabi
Throughout the season, POPULAR OPEN WHEEL will rank the top-10 drivers in Formula 1 following each event.
2017 Constructor’s Championship After Yas Marina – Final
- Red Bull
- Force India
- Renault (+1)
- Toro Rosso (-1)
The Rankings reflect one change worth $20 million from the last race. Renault’s Nico Hulkenberg scored a sixth-place finish in Abu Dhabi to give his team sixth in the Constructor’s championship. This was at the expense of Toro Rosso, who elected to go with two new non-points scoring drivers late in the season. Time will tell if this was a good move or not. Right now, it looks like $20 million worth of not.
Driver Rankings After Yas Marina – Final
- Lewis Hamilton took his fourth world championship.
- Sebastian Vettel finished third in Abu Dhabi to hold on to his runner up position to Hamilton by 12 slim points over Valtteri Bottas
- Valtteri Bottas Consider this: one and two are both four-time World Champions and you can see what an achievement this is for the Finn.
- Kimi Raikkonen’s strong finishes in the second part of the season finally vaulted him up to fourth ahead of Daniel Ricciardo with five points to spare.
- Daniel Ricciardo had similar bad luck in the latter half of the year to what Max Verstappen had in the first half.
- Max Verstappen remains in sixth-place despite an awesome season.
- Sergio Perez ended up with a lead over his teammate Esteban Ocon by 13 points.
- Esteban Ocon finished eighth.
- Carlos Sainz held on to ninth.
- Felipe Massa and Nico Hulkenberg tied for tenth with 43 championship points.
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularOpenWheel.com, its owners, management, or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.